I though it would be useful to make available the list of subjects which we came up with at October’s meeting, where lots of ideas where brought forward.
Perhaps this list will be useful in getting people to consider doing a mini presentation as part of one of the 2009 monthly meetings.
- Complex business / manufacturing systems
- Rapid prototyping
- Pragmatic / shoestring usability
- Design evangelism / internal communication
- ROI and selling the benefits of usability
- Testing and observation techniques
- Engagement and organisational culture
- Open source / agile development
- Heuristics – do we need a rethink?
- Non-standard design (mobile / accessible etc)
- Accessibility / WCAG 2
- Information architecture
- Words and language
- Interaction design
- Usability in news media
- Internal business systems
- Perceived vs. “actual” usability
- Attractiveness and visual design
- Employee engagement & involvement (internal comms)
- Talking the language of business
In particular, subjects around ROI and commercial benefits of usability, complex business/manufacturing systems (MRP, ERP), usability for internal business systems, employee engagement, talking the language of business and open source, agile development methods are the type of things that are very close to our hearts at PRWD. We could therefore provide some presentations on these types of topics in due course.
Its a comprehensive list, but shout up if there are more suggestions for topics!